25 March 2020
An update on our retailers
Following the announcement by the Federal Government, Stage 1 social gathering restrictions and closures came into effect midday Monday 23 March 2020.
On Sunday night, the Prime Minister announced the new Stage 1 restrictions on social gatherings, which are to be reviewed on a monthly basis.
These restrictions are in effect from 12pm midday, Monday 23 March 2020, and will require some of our retailers to close, and others to be restricted in how they operate.
The following facilities will be required to close until further notice effective midday Monday 23 March 2020:
- Pubs, registered and licensed clubs (excluding bottle shops attached to these venues), hotels (excluding accommodation)
- Gyms and indoor sporting venues
- Cinemas, entertainment venues, casinos and night clubs
The following premises will be restricted to takeaway and home delivery only until further notice effective 12pm midday Monday 23 March 2020:
We recommend you contact retailers directly for full details of their trading hours.
All previous restrictions relating to social distancing remain in place:
- All non-essential indoor gatherings of less than 100 people must have no more than one person per 4sqm
- Keep 1.5 metres between yourselves and others
If you are concerned or you would like to receive further information on COVID-19, please call the Australian Department of Health Coronavirus Health Information Helpline on 1800 020 080. The line operates 24 hours, seven days a week.
Stay safe and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Mirvac Office & Industrial buildings remain open and operating, ensuring that your workplaces are available as you need them. We are committed to providing a safe environment for our customers and continue to have staff onsite to ensure our assets are running smoothly, whilst closely monitoring all regular information in relation to COVID-19 from the Australian Department of Health and the World Health Organization.
Your health, safety and wellbeing, and that of our guests, employees and community is our highest priority.
In addition to our existing rigorous cleaning and sanitising practices, we have taken additional measures which include but are not limited to:
- Increasing the frequency and intensity of our cleaning efforts of all commonly touched surfaces including seating, doors, lift controls, countertops, and amenities.
- Placing sanitisation stations at convenient locations including entrances and exits.
- Actively encouraging the practice of good hygiene and preventative measures throughout the building.
- Requiring all service providers to confirm they have not travelled overseas or been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
Together we can help stop the spread and stay healthy.
We want you to feel safe when you visit any Mirvac Office & Industrial assets, and to remember the important role you play in our defence against the spread of COVID-19 by following the practical guidance of the Department of Health:
- Follow the directives provided by your employer.
- Follow the signs and directions on display within our buildings.
- Stay home if you are sick or are at higher risk, have travelled overseas in the past 14 days or been in contact with a person suspected or confirmed COVID-19
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, lathering the backs of your hands, between your fingers, fingertips and under your nails for at least 20 seconds. Use alcohol-based sanitizer if you can’t wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your arm, when coughing or sneezing.
Health authorities are also recommending social distancing as an effective measure to help prevent the spread of disease and reduce potential transmission by keeping distance between yourself and others where possible.
For additional information please visit: https://www.health.gov.au/
Our thoughts continue to be with those impacted around the world and in Australia, as well as in our local communities, and we stand ready to support the response effort however we can.
We thank you for your continued support.